IPv6 Setup Progress
This page is intended to document my progress in setting up IPv6 on my home network and also the various issues I have come across while trying to set this up.
- Initial comments
- Request IPv6 allocation
- Connect to IPv6 with Linux as ADSL router does not support IPv6
- Setup local name server to serve IPv6 addresses for my domain
- Setup nagios to test: both ends of IPv6 tunnel and remote end (IPv4) are reachable
- Setup a special IPv6 web page for testing connectivity (mine and friends)
- Ask my current hardware manufacturers if their productions will support IPv6 if they don’t already.
- Setup my mail server to support IPv6 deliveries
- Setup Windows 7 laptop to connect to the Internet and internal network using IPv6
- Setup MacBook to connect to the Internet and internal network using IPv6
- Setup IPv6 printer proxy (as network printer does not support IPv6)
- Experiment with VoIP over IPv6. Perhaps we should call this VoIP6?